Hadoop Cluster Management
Zettaset Orchestrator™ is the Hadoop management solution designed to address enterprise requirements for security, high availability, manageability and scalability in a distributed computing environment. Orchestrator delivers all of these enterprise-class capabilities in a unified software application that can be deployed in new or existing Hadoop cluster environments. Orchestrator is an excellent choice for Hadoop administrators who are seeking a way to automate the deployment of raw Apache® Hadoop and secure the cluster environment. Because of its comprehensive, integrated data security features, Orchestrator is ideal for organizations with highly-regulated IT environments where Hadoop is being used to store sensitive data.
Comprehensive Enterprise-Class Security for Hadoop
- Encryption for data-at-rest as well as data-in-motion is now integrated into Orchestrator. A standards-based approach using key management interface protocol (KMIP) enables Zettaset’s Secure Hadoop Encryption to easily integrate with an organization’s existing key managers and hardware security modules (HSMs). Zettaset encryption is optimized for Hadoop, is transparent to the end user, and has minimal impact on performance.
- Fine-grained, role-based access control supports an infinite number of roles and permissions and gives security administrators greater control over the security landscape
- Automated integration with AD/LDAP for policy enforcement makes it simple to bring a Hadoop database into an organization’s existing security policy framework
- Centralized activity monitoring helps organizations using Hadoop to meet industry and regulatory audit and compliance reporting requirements
- Zettaset Fast-PATH (Process AuTomation for Hadoop) speeds Hadoop deployment for the enterprise
- Software automation eliminates many manual configuration processes, thereby reducing ongoing support requirements
- Automatically performs provisioning, installation, configuration, and testing of the software
Greater Hadoop Database Availability & Reliability
- Zettaset Orchestrator provides high availability for all critical Hadoop services (not just NameNode and JobTracker), including Kerberos, Hive and metastore
- Automated services failover helps to keep the cluster services running 24 x 7 x 365. This improves the overall availability and reliability of the combined Hadoop + analytics ecosystem.
- Orchestrator functions as a secure gateway that extends encryption, access control, and security policy enforcement to BI / analytics applications that are accessing the Hadoop cluster
- Improves BI / analytics workflow and productivity within secure Hadoop environments through seamless interoperability, eliminating the need to remove the data set from the Hadoop cluster before performing analytics